[r-t] 41 Surprise Minor

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 20 21:25:29 UTC 2011

Thank you John and Richard for the replies!

I do find the objection to "obvious falseness" in multi-extent blocks a
little esoteric.  One person's obvious is another's mysterious.  And more
to the point, to me the definition of truth in a multi-extent block is
simply that each row appears the same number of times.  Personally I don't
see value in somehow trying to conceal that this is what one is doing by
imposing additional restrictions.

On the other hand, I have no intention of questioning the tastes of the
composer.  It's a marvellous composition as written!

cheers, Ander