[r-t] Emergency peal composition

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Mon Dec 3 23:14:37 UTC 2012

Yes, it is "essentially analogous", but I think it is nicer to have the
two bobs separated, with the reversed plain course in between - that way
the music is more varied (rollups at hand as well as back), and the
weirdness of the extra 2-change method is avoided.

The trick works only on stages 6,10,14,18... (with respectively
4,6,8,10,... place bobs and their reverses).  Basically, 2 makes the first
bob and 3 makes the second in the part.  By splicing methods of various
regular lead-end orders I think it should be possible to include the
_full_ plain course, with (approximately) half of it rung backwards, which
would be very elegant.  Unfortunately this does not seem to lend itself
particularly nicely to a peal length on any number: e.g. for TD methods it
would be 600 minor, 3240 royal, 9464 fourteen,...