[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Dec 9 03:22:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Philip Earis <pje24 at cantab.net> wrote:
> But it is a good feature to have music in every lead, and
> some blockbuster leads can also be nice, so sorry I missed this before.

Though, of course, when you say "every lead" you're not, at least in
this case, talking about every lead of the composition. For many,
probably most, of the leads, the potential that they contain music (if
you define music as 4 bell runs) is only fulfilled in five of the
eight parts. Or am I missing something?

"It is tempting to call this unctuous ooze of status updates and
vacation snaps seeping across Facebook and Twitter and the rest
information overload. But that would be to debase the word
'information.'"  -- Roger Cohen, _New York Times_, 6 December 2012