[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 11 21:24:37 UTC 2012

Aren't you confusing two different things here, Mark?

I would say 81234567 is "spectacular" because it contains a 7-bell run.
Also (e.g.) 81234576 seems pretty good to me because it contains an
internal 5-run.
But (e.g.) 81237465 does not strike me as anything special.

How many leads of Alan's composition do not contain an internal (or
exteneral) 4-run, I wonder?