[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:27:08 UTC 2012

Personally I think there is a difference between cyclic compositions on 8
and on higher numbers. On higher numbers I think the sort of cyclic affects
Mark is talking about can be really amazing and so it harder to objectively
measure "musicality". On 8 bells however I think 4-bell runs have greater
importance and in any case the full set of 4-bell runs includes most of the
spectacular special cases of "cyclic music". Of course the fact the
composition is an exact cyclic 8-part with all the 4-bell runs
automatically implies changes like 81234576.

Cheers,
Alan