[r-t] What is a 'regular' method

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Sun Feb 5 12:06:17 UTC 2012

Graham John wrote:

> The term 'regular method' is used frequently in ringing
> publications, but it is not defined in the CC decisions.

Historically, the CC have used 'regular method' to mean one
conforming to the decisions.  For example, in 1964 there was
a (seemingly unsuccessful) motion

   That this Council shall no longer recognise as regular any
   even-bell method on six or eight bells which has four
   places made between successive rows on more than one
   occasion in the half-lead.