[r-t] What is a 'regular' method

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 17:16:25 UTC 2012

	Don wrote:

	> Many of the things that are prohibited by your
 > proposed definition of "regular"...

	Hang on! I am neither prohibiting anything, nor defining anything
new here. I can't understand why anyone would choose to ring
something because it is deemed 'regular' unless they were already
disposed to ring such methods.

	However, given the degree of emotion expressed on the topic, and the
difficulty of identifying a suitable definition, I shall content
myself with providing the underlying filters that avoid the need to
use the word 'regular', such as plain bob leadhead, palindromic,
penultimate place, single change, four blows plus a few additional
ones, such as adjacent internal places.

	Graham  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif;font-size:12px; }