[r-t] Plain Bob lead heads/ends (was ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Feb 9 14:56:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM, King, Peter R <peter.king at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> I think you can't have one without the other if you have 12 or 1n lead ends.

Yes, at even stages, for single hunt methods, I believe

a) Plain Bob lead heads and either place notation 12 or 1n across the
lead end

and

b) Plain Bob lead heads and lead ends

are equivalent. However, I believe Robin did not explicitly state the
second half of critera (a). And, in any case, I think criteria (b) may
be more useful, as they seem more succinct, and work for odd stages,
too.

"I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there
isn't any privacy."    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, _The Great Gatsby_