[r-t] ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 11

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:20:16 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 09:55, King, Peter R <peter.king at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> calling it an assymetric regular method  might help as the standard calling is only guaranteed for symmetric regular methods

It's quite a while back now, but I think that this thread started by
someone asking how does one define a 'regular' method?
I don't know where or by whom the standard calling is only guaranteed
for symmetric regular methods  (which of course begs the question what
is a regular method? ) but I believe that the standard 720 can be
successfully applied to any Treble dominated Minor method (plain or
treble bob) whose lead block is symmetric, it doesn't matter whether
the plain course has Plain Bob leadings or not. If this is indeed the
case, then it would seem to me that for Minor methods, the primary
condition of a 'regular' method would have to be that its lead block
is symmetric.

Eddie