[r-t] ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 11

Simon J. Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 14:49:35 UTC 2012

On 10 Feb 2012, at 14:38, edward martin wrote:

> On 10 February 2012 12:25, Matthew Frye <matthew at frye.org.uk> wrote:
>>

>> There are internal falseness issues with the standard 720 for treble bob methods with single changes in the wrong place.
>
> I'm having difficulty picturing what you mean by  "single changes in
> the wrong place"?

For example:

Kelvinbridge Surprise Minor

     123456 +
x    214365 -
36   124635 -
x    216453 +
14   261435 +
x    624153 -
12   621435 -
x    264153 +
1236 264513 -
x    625431 +
1234 624513 -
x    265431 +
36   625341 +

palindromic, lead end 16

All the changes with the treble in 5th place are -, and all the changes with the treble in 6th place are +. So the standard calling doesn't give a true extent. For this reason the method isn't listed in TDMM.

Note that this method is excluded by Philip's conditions for the standard calling to be true.

Simon