[r-t] Standard call for minor - was ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 11

Ted Steele ted.steele at tesco.net
Fri Feb 10 15:53:35 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 12:25, Matthew Frye wrote:
> There are internal falseness issues with the standard 720 for treble bob methods with single changes in the wrong place.

The notion of a standard calling that is true to pretty much any minor,
seems to me to have been quite generally accepted by average conductors
for a long time. I just looked at my old copy of the CCCBR Collection of
Minor Methods where the standard calling of 720 is given.  There is
certainly no hint that it may not be true for some methods. Despite the
fact that any exceptions would not have been in the collection I wonder
how many false peals have crept through as a consequence of an
assumption that the standard calling was universally true. After all, it
is not usual to quote the comps for individual 720s unless there be a
special reason.

Ted