[r-t] Treble place paths

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 24 01:28:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, Philip Earis wrote:

> When I saw him recently Ander Holroyd mooted another attractive new
> elegant "pointy" path where the treble rings 8 blows in each place. This
> is especially nice, as it works on 6 bells and can be logically extended
> to any even stage:
>
> 121123432123456543456656
>
> Suggestions of how this (or the major etc equivalents) can be best
> exploited would be very welcome.

A while ago I looked into minor methods where the treble triple-dodoges in
each place that can produce the extent.  I wasn't able to find anything
particularly good, but one example is below.  It should be possible to do
the same for the "spiky" treble path, and perhaps get nicer methods.
Can it be done with more sensible calls than here?

720 Unnamed Surprise Minor (treble triple dodging)

hl le   23456
         42635
s  s    26435
-  -    45623