[r-t] challenge: Brunel, Cabot, Birmingham Carter (off list)

Hayden Charles hcharles at grandsire.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 17:58:22 UTC 2012

I know little of serious theory, so hesitate sending to the list, but
there has not been much response to Ander's challenge. I had a look at
lower stages.

A fairly brute-force search came up with this 3-part touch for triples:

  1234567
  6421375 Cabot
  1764253 Brunel
  5471632 Cabot
  3145726 Cabot
  1526374 BirCar
  -------
  7651243 Cabot
  1476532 Brunel
  3641725 Cabot
  2163457 Cabot
  1357246 BirCar
  -------
  4731562 Cabot
  1647325 Brunel
  2761453 Cabot
  5172634 Cabot
  1234567 BirCar
180 rows ending in 1234567

all methods as in Ander's message.

Start is a full Q six.

There were more triples 3-parts with these part ends but this was the
shortest, I think.

Looking a caters, with just changes of method and no calls, I think that
it is not possible to get out of course course ends. Or maybe I am just
being dim.

Hayden Charles