[r-t] Hubbard, etc

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Sun Jun 17 14:33:22 UTC 2012

On 17 Jun 2012, at 12:27, edward martin wrote:
> Eddie Martin most certainly is wrong. To do what I adamantly
> instructed is physically impossible!
> so please
> forget all that I said about reversing from handstroke leads, it
> doesn't work!

This, I must say, is most unfair to yourself.
The method you gave, talking about reversing handstroke leads, I believe will work in practice for a majority of pb/ss compositions. If you want a quick and ready method to convert a simple composition for one into a simple composition for the other, it's an OK method to use provided you run the result through a proving program afterwards (which you really should do anyway).

RE your second paragraph (saying just bob the same set of leads), I pointed out that this will work in more cases but still certainly not universally. The result will be true, but isn't guaranteed to have the right number of leads as some may separate themselves off into their own round blocks.

MF