[r-t] Conducting Triples

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 22:50:50 UTC 2012

Hi Rob,

-----
I am a competent doubles conductor and have not really moved on the realm of
conducting triples (can ring it easily) guess since I ring in a 6 bell
tower. I would like to conduct a grandsire triples QP and have no
understanding what specific calling positions actually mean and looking for
a basics 101 explanation of this.
-----

Without knowing the circumstances of where you ring and who you are able to
ring QPs with my immediate response would be to "get your eye in" by calling
a quarter or two of Plain Bob Triples first and then, if you really must,
have a go at Grandsire. Plain Bob Triples is a modest step up from PB Minor
and gives you better practice at getting to grips with coursing orders than
is the case with Grandsire. The step then from PB Triples to PB Major is
then quite straightforward.

Glenn