[r-t] [Fwd: 8 Spliced]

Matt Dawson matt.dawson at cantab.net
Fri Mar 16 08:50:50 UTC 2012

On 15 March 2012 18:57, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Matt Dawson <matt.dawson at cantab.net> wrote:
>> How about a cyclic 7-part with a lead of Superlative in that coursing
>> order in each part?
>
> Something like this? (Pace Philip and Glint, who won't like that
> course being run through a Cuisinart.) For whatever it's worth, it
> also contains, in the penultimate part,  the central lead of the plain
> course of Superlative, trite though that may be.

Excellent - that looks really good, thanks. I was a bit surprised that
such a composition didn't already exist, to be honest. I like that
there's that other lead of Superlative too, as you get all of the
cyclic rotations of back rounds (and queens).

Interesting to see that the course of London starting from 14325678 is
the most musical - next time we ring London at a practice night, I'll
ask if we can start from the snap...

matt