[r-t] [Fwd: 8 Spliced]

Matt Dawson matt.dawson at cantab.net
Fri Mar 16 09:17:31 UTC 2012

On 16 March 2012 08:59, Philip Earis <pje24 at cantab.net> wrote:
> Compositions like this do exist, though.  Lots of the cyclic maximus
> compositions use the mega-tittums lead as the cyclic shunt (as this
> special coursing order is invariant under rotation, clearly you can only
> have one lead of it in each part).  I'm sure Alan Reading also has a
> spliced major composition built around Superlative in the mega-tittums
> coursing order.

Exactly, hence my surprise that the principle hadn't been applied to
the SCS8. Although, on thinking about it, composers likely to use this
principle are probably going to want to use it on a more amenable
selection of methods...

Which brings us back to the original problem, I suppose - the fact
that you have to call a peal of the stuff in the first place.

matt