[r-t] Fasleness Groups

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 17 07:25:54 UTC 2012

 > Just Visiting Surprise Major and Quixhill Surprise Major are both group l with BD/ac falseness.
> At the risk of appearing to be stupid, why does not this composition of Quixhill ture to Just Visiting? I had always thought that a composition true to one method would be true to another with the same falseness group.
> Aye
> Sam
> 5088 Quixhill Surprise Major
> by Richard I Allton (No 808) 23456  M 3/5 B  W  H
> (52364) 1  ss    3
>  36245     ss    1
>  43652  1  ss
> (56234) 1        1
>  62345     ss    1  1
>  52643  2
>  53246        -  1  1
>  23645  1
> 3 part.
Well Sam at least you've had the sense to query it. A few years ago I was in a lost attempt of Machynlleth S Major which the conductor miscalled.  When I subsequently asked the conductor what he was calling he said that he was calling a composition of Uxbridge.  He had made the mistake of looking at the falseness groups and assumed that it would be true - thank goodness he miscalled it!.  It is not so much the falseness but as to where it occurs.  I did write a small article for the RW on the matter which was published circa October 2008. Machynlleth  x 3 x 4 x 256 x 6 x 34 x 25 x 34 x 5  lh F  fch BaUxbridge      x 3 x 4 x 56 x 6 x 34 x 5 x 4 x 5  lh F  fch Bac Ali