[r-t] Spliced, etc.

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Tue May 22 06:15:32 UTC 2012

Apologies in advance for anyone who has posted something along the lines of
the following, but I only take digests.

Simon produced some comps. based upon 7-8 crossing at the half-lead in each
method. I produced some based upon one bell ringing pivots throughout. These
are the same.We both gave the following:

ALCJEGM- and MBKDHFA-.

(The former can be seen at the start of Philip's comp and the rest is made
up of suitable fragments of both.)

The reason for this seems to go as follows:

Write down the usual coursing order circle but regard it as representing
place bells.
In any orientation of the circle, (my) pivot bell is opposite (Simon's)
swapping pairs.

e.g., 7-8 swapping => 2nds place pivot.
7-8 becomes 8-6, 8-6 swapping => 3rds place pivot, etc.

Best wishes
Robin