[r-t] Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Sep 4 01:02:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Glenn Taylor <gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> While you can't (with normal calls) get a sub-extent length, true touch of
> symmetric, plain minor round at hand...

How silly of me. What I meant (for some loose meaning of the verb "to
mean") was "sub-extent length, true touch of a single symmetric, plain
minor method."

Of course I'm being equally silly again, as I'm sure there are plenty
of further unstated assumptions I'm making, as well as likely mistakes
in my reasoning. Sigh.

I wonder why Imre Lakatos's _Proofs and Refutations_ has just come to mind?

"My lads are the best there is. It's not their fault they're up
against better people. They never get a chance to play someone they
can beat."  -- Terry Pratchett, _Unseen Academicals_