[r-t] Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Sep 4 11:50:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2012, Don Morrison wrote:
>> How silly of me. What I meant (for some loose meaning of the verb "to
>> mean") was "sub-extent length, true touch of a single symmetric, plain
>> minor method."
>>
>> Of course I'm being equally silly again, as I'm sure there are plenty
>> of further unstated assumptions I'm making, as well as likely mistakes
>> in my reasoning. Sigh.
>

> Well of course you could have a call affecting the treble...

Nope. Got that covered. My original formulation, elided in the above
but still implied, began "you can't (with normal calls) get a...".
Well, covered, until you start disagreeing about what "normal calls"
are, I suppose.

"No language can rival the capacities of music for plysemic
simultaneities, for manifold meanings under pressure of
untranslatable forms."
          -- George Steiner, _The Poetry of Thought_