[r-t] A new Spliced Surprise Major canon

Robert Lee rlee5040 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 23:22:18 UTC 2013

On Sat Apr  6 23:00, MBD wrote:

>Do those fit your criteria, Rob? I'm half expecting complaints!

No complaints - it's exactly what I was hoping to see. It ticks all the boxes: innovative, musical, challenging. All ten methods are worth a peal in their own right, and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Aided by some mind-blowing compositional techniques (automated suitability testing, stochastic tunneling algorithms), the bar for Spliced has certainly been raised. I look forward to attempting this - congratulations on a super production.

Rob
(PS. perhaps that mythical Standard 8 atw with 144 crus is not too far over the horizon...)