[r-t] A new Spliced Surprise Major canon

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Apr 14 16:53:01 UTC 2013

Rob wrote,

> No complaints - it's exactly what I was hoping to see. It
 > ticks all the boxes: innovative, musical, challenging. All
 > ten methods are worth a peal in their own right, and the
 > whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Excellent, thanks Rob! I look forward to seeing a peal of it being rung.
I'd be interested to know how it compares, in the tower, to the cyclic
multi-part genre. Run counts have been pushed much higher in the latter,
but does the stability of tenors-together and the comparative
predominance of back-bell rollups still have some appeal?

> (PS. perhaps that mythical Standard 8 atw with 144 crus is
 > not too far over the horizon...)

You have permission to shoot me if I ever stoop so low. :-)