[r-t] method help

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Sat Apr 13 11:20:50 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Glenn said: "I have a recollection of a later analysis by Marcus
Sherwood (or Giles Thompson?) in the RW in the early 1980s...."

Maybe so, but I don't have a copy of it and it's the sort of thing I
would have made a copy of it it had been in the RW. (Well done for
baiting the asym. trap by the way. I **think** both Eastern and
Cumberland have U- falseness. Eastern is an extension of Yorkshire Court
Bob Minor - of which I had the honour of conducting the first double
extent This means that non-split tenors comps. work, such as Middleton's
doubled by singles). I see there RW index entries for MCWS at RW80/623
and RW82/611. Perhaps these are those.

Eddie: I mentioned Cyril's work "RW66/245 - Cyril A Wratten".

"..surely the analysis is only true for symmetric methods?" I wouldn't
have thought so: surely the lead end can be treated similarly - if it's
regular. The process will be *practically* different for plain methods,
however.

By the way, my son would like me to use my 3rd Christian name when I
sign this.

Best wishes
R E Hardy Woolley