[r-t] A new Spliced Surprise Major canon

Robert Lee rlee5040 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 09:57:39 UTC 2013

On Fri Mar 15 07:51, MBD wrote:

>Any requests, for different callings, or different sets of methods? MBD

This is a fine achievement. I don't expect you to agree ;) but since you asked, some of the methods feel a bit 'samey' to me.

For example, I think it's a slight cop out to have Deva and Venusium - they're practically the same method! How about Cadmium instead?

Also, you have 2 out of 10 (or even 5) methods - Lessness, Cornwall and Malpas - where 4 bells are stuck on the front for a whole lead. Two of them with something a bit more dynamic (James College?) would be nice.

Finally, for a modern comp, something a bit more with the times than Glasgow?

I'm nitpicking here and I appreciate the balancing act between method selection and other desirable qualities, but if it's possible to tweak the above I'd be very tempted to have a go at calling this.

Rob