[r-t] H C Miles' Stedman Cinques

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Mar 22 02:18:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> Three hours of tittums, two hours of handstrokes, another three hours of
> tittums, and a few courses of handstrokes to bring it round.  I don't know
> whether I could stand the excitement!

More entertaining than the Washbrook 13,247 / 13,265 Grandsire Caters
rung at Appleton in 1888, as well as several other long lengths of the
method.

"Whether the source of the spectral apparitions seen by defendant
seller is parapsychic or psychogenic, having reported their presence
in both a national publication and the local press, defendant is
estopped to deny their existence and, as a matter of law, the house is
haunted."
       -- Israel Rubin, decision, Stambovsky v. Ackley