[r-t] Alliance-ability

Matt Dawson m.d.dawson.29 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 16:42:06 UTC 2013

On 28 September 2013 04:02, Edmund Mottershead
<edmund.mottershead at st-hildas.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone on here know if there is there an underlying cause for the property of 'alliance-ability', and hence a way of predicting on which stages of a right-place treble-dodging method it will occur, and in what way, or is it simply a coincidence?

It seems coincidental, as the order of bells becomes completely
different once you start removing Xs (at the expense of a number of
runs of bells in the case of a plain course of Yorkshire Royal). The
fact that you're able to use the resulting method to shorten a
composition without losing any music seems to me to be a very neat
coincidence though.

matt