[r-t] Kent and Oxford variations

Roddy Horton roddy at horton.karoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 15:49:47 UTC 2014

Yes - I am a bit confused.

There seem to be some compositions I have missed when I went through the RW DVD but on looking at Graham's link page 36 of
which refers to E. Morris on page 107 of the RW for 1928, the page cited actually contains a letter from EM referring to a
composition attributed to him but he is saying he did not compose it as it was purely Kent with Kent and Oxford Bobs.

The E R Martin composition is included in a letter and does not have any explanation although from the letter I think it means
"Oxford is rung when the tenor is coursing the treble down to lead thus preventing the tenors going into the slow".

I will try and follow these points up in the next few days.

Roddy

On Sun 06/04/14 15:56 , Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net sent: