[r-t] Restriction #4

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Dec 1 01:43:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> I  would be happy to vote on the simple premise of removing the limit entirely
> provided that no bell makes continuous places for the whole lead.

I think this may need to be defined a little more precisely. I see two
slightly different
interpretations of this: (1) if a bell is in the same position in
every row in a lead it
is no good; or (2) that's OK, so long as the lead end change takes it
to a different
position, even though that is actually the first row of the subsequent lead.

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone