[r-t] Restriction #4

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 09:42:44 UTC 2014

Don wrote:

> I think this may need to be defined a little
> more precisely. I see two slightly different
> interpretations of this: (1) if a bell is in the
> same position in every row in a lead it is
> no good; or (2) that's OK, so long as the
> lead end change takes it to a different
> position, even though that is actually the
> first row of the subsequent lead.

Yes 2, or ... provided that no bell makes continuous places for the whole of
the plain course.

My preference would be to define a cover bell ... as a bell that remains in
the same place for the whole lead including the lead end change ... and then
say that a cover bell is not part of the method, but we need to wait for the
discussion on cover bells for that.

Graham