[r-t] Restriction #4

John Harrison john at jaharrison.me.uk
Tue Dec 2 14:55:01 UTC 2014

> Do you really want to be adding new restrictions that aren't there
> today?

Surely the aim of this debate is to approach the subject rationally from
first principles.  It is as irrational to assume that there are no
legitimate restrictions missed by the Methods Committee as it is to assume
that all the ones it has created must be valid.

We (and IMO the ringing community) do not want an anarchic free for all.
We want a coherent framework that supports the way we communicate about
change ringing but that doesn't needlessly restrict how it might be
developed.

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk