[r-t] Quarters of cyclic major

Adam Brady www.adambrady at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:04:37 UTC 2014

I'm pleased you like it Philip.  I thought when I discovered it that
someone else must surely have thought of it, but I decided to place it on
my brother's web site anyway, at least until someone else claimed it.  It's
nice that it unites my favourite double major methods in a neat palindromic
composition.  It's also a happy accident that the final lead of the plain
course of DNCB is the only one which doesn't contain a run (apart from
rounds at the end - cue argument about rounds being at the beginning or the
end of a peal).

"e^(i.pi) + 1 = 0" is the recommended pretentious footnote should anyone
ring it.

The run count is 6 of each 4-bell off the front and 10 of each at the back,
apart from those including the treble.

You could replace the leads of Bristol with something to give runs off the
front (e.g. Jellied Eel Surprise Major - there are probably other options
too) but it would make the whole thing seem less elegant.

On 5 December 2014 at 08:22, Philip Earis <pje24 at cantab.net> wrote:

> Adam: “Another nice cyclic major quarter is this 1288 on a different
> plan...”
>
> Beautiful.  Stunningly elegant.  I’d prefer it in its more familiar
> longform, though, ie:
>
> 1344 Spliced Major (3m)
>        2345678  Double Norwich
>        8674523  Double Norwich