[r-t] ringing-theory Digest, Vol 116, Issue 8

Ewan Bhamrah Harley rc at ewan.info
Fri Jun 6 17:20:51 UTC 2014

Simon Gay:
> I'm with Mark: a peal of Triples is at least an extent. I was thinking of
> the same quotation. Actually I would say that a peal of Triples is a round
> block consisting of a whole number of extents.

I agree with importance of extents, but where practical. So fwiw I'd prefer
a minimum length of 5040 for triples or below but each row N or N+1 times
is fine beyond 5040. Yes, that leaves an anomaly with the length on major
or above, but I prefer that anomaly to losing the importance of extents.

EBH