[r-t] One Spliced Surprise Major

Simon Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 13:08:07 UTC 2014

X is also Cambridge, and certainly a peal of X alone would be described
as a peal of Cambridge (with a snap start and finish).

So I suppose that this is a peal of Cambridge.

Of course, to ring it, you would need some way of announcing the
"restarts". A convenient way of doing this would be to pretend that X is
a different method and introduce some ad hoc name for it.

So this is another example of the description of a peal not matching the
way in which it is learnt and rung.

Maybe an honest way to describe it would be spliced Cambridge and "Snap
Start Cambridge".

Have there been any peals of spliced Grandsire and New Grandsire?

Simon