[r-t] One Spliced Surprise Major

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Jun 6 11:21:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM, John Fisher <ghoti at mad.scientist.com> wrote:
> Yes, but why is that a problem? It's a function of the way you've
> described it. It's only like virtual course ends in a conventionally
> notated composition, which aren't actually rung at all, and mean
> more courses are shown than are rung.

Not a problem, just a communication confusion. That was why I had described
it as "sometimes you ring two leads", to give you room to cut out all those
changes. I think we are describing the same thing, just describing it in
different ways.

And so, anyway, yes, I believe you are correct that it can be viewed as normal
Cambridge with two different kinds of CCCBR-pleasing bobs.

Were a band to actually ring it I'm not sure what the conductor would
utter, when,
to make it happen. Quite possibly different conductors would utter
different things.

"Trump is living proof that hair spray causes brain damage."
          -- Paul Begala, _Newsweek_, 18 November 2012