[r-t] History

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Jun 6 14:56:44 UTC 2014

Lucy Woodward writes,

> But surely let us extend this respect to individuals by spelling
 > their names correctly, viz Wyld.

Bother yes, apologies to Colin.

Matt Dawson writes,

> I agree with your reasoning, but marking Triples out as a "special
> case" is hardly likely to help with a simplified set of Decisions, is
> it?

Well - "Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler".

Peter King writes,

> I don't see how a small number of 5012s (or whatever) of triples
 > that would actually be ring detracts from these achievements
> or the history at all.

Hmm. I think it makes a mockery of it. What would John Holt have said?

Perhaps we should put it to the vote. My motion is, a peal of Triples
should be no less than an extent. Who is aye, who is nay?