[r-t] History

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Jun 6 15:38:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> Perhaps we should put it to the vote. My motion is, a peal of Triples should
> be no less than an extent. Who is aye, who is nay?

Nay. I don't think you should ring any 5,012s of triples, since you
don't like them;
and I doubt I will, either. But implying (however subtly you want to
cast it) that
other people that want to do so are inferior to us I find objectionable.

"History is the long and tragic story of the fact that
privileged groups seldom give up their privileges voluntarily.
Individuals may see the moral light and voluntarily give up
their unjust posture; but as Reinhold Niebuhr has reminded us,
groups are more immoral than individuals."
      -- Martin Luther King, Jr, "Letter from a Birmingham Jail"