[r-t] The important points

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Jun 7 14:42:42 UTC 2014

Tim Barnes writes,

> That the designers of the
> lettering of the false course-head groups left 'A' available for methods
> that are false in the plain course makes this so simple to implement.

Absolutely!

> A starting point could be this list (or a spin-off sub-set of
> those interested) organizing itself to produce an alternative set of
> Decisions.

I think this is a good idea. We have tried it before though:

http://www.bronze-age.com/NorwichAxioms/axiomframe.html

The Norwich Axioms were perfectly happy with false methods, and those
with more hunt bells than working bells, but decided "one-lead" methods
were no good. In light of our recent discussions, I think I might revise
that.

Also, although the Axioms were simpler and shorter than the MC version,
they were not the shortest and simplest they could be, since I had the
additional aim of providing unique classification of methods (that is,
given a block of place notation, I wanted only one class of method to
apply). Again, in retrospect I don't know whether this is an absolutely
essential feature.