[r-t] Peal Length

Ted Steele teds.bells at tesco.net
Sat Jun 7 22:27:06 UTC 2014

On 07/06/2014 23:03, Richard Grimmett wrote:
> If we are going to change some historic standards then I think the length of a peal should be extended.
>
> 5000 is just a breeze I. The park compared to the 18th and 29th centuries.

There are places where the greater achievement is to find a band, even
for a quarter peal, so don't be too quick to place the established
objective beyond the reach of us mortals for whom the opportunity to
have a go is a rare event indeed. And I think the listening public might
disagree with you as well. Methinks you can find plenty of ways to test
your band without changing the definition of a peal length. Besides
which 5,000 is a minimum requirement only, so what's to extend?

Ted