[r-t] The important points

Tim Barnes tjbarnes23 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 01:18:26 UTC 2014

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> And I couched the whole thing as an
> amendment to the existing "Decisions". It would certainly be quite nice
> rephrase the whole thing in more natural English, as in an example I have
in
> my inbox from a Mr Tim Barnes.

I should explain.  These past few days I've been confined to my house
recovering from some surgery (everything's fine).  Taking a stab at
improving the decisions has been on my bucket list for 25+ years since I
first encountered them.  The combination of being temporarily incapacitated
with more time on my hands than usual, and the recent focus on the current
state of the decisions, prompted me to take this stab and get it out of my
system.  It hopefully builds on what others have done in this area.

I'll post a link to a draft in the next few days in case anyone would like
to review.  A very small group is kindly giving feedback offline at the
moment.  I'm not looking to disrupt any other efforts that are underway to
revamp the decisions.  I will soon be off the sick-list so this will be a
short-lived endeavor, and at most I hope the draft might provide some
useful input for the overall cause.

As many have suggested would be helpful, the draft tries to separate
definitions from requirements, provide a mechanism for updating
requirements as ringing evolves, and use plain language wherever possible.
 It also starts from the ground up, as opposed to amending the existing
decisions.

TJB