[r-t] [r-c] Definition of a peal (was Not A Block)

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Mon Jun 9 20:50:25 UTC 2014

Peter King writes,

> I believe in a very minimalist view of what restrictions should be imposed.

These aren't "restrictions", these are definitions of terms. And if you
try to be completely inclusive in your definitions then you don't help
anyone. I could take four pint pots and bash them over my head for 40
minutes and say I'd rung a peal, but it wouldn't really be a peal, would it?

The idea of changeringing seems to be pretty basic to me. If you're not
ringing changes, it isn't changeringing. It's something else.

Right now I do actually feel like bashing four pint pots over my head
for 40 minutes.