[r-t] [r-c] Definition of a peal (was Not A Block)

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 21:24:09 UTC 2014

Well I must admit that I am perhaps putting an extreme point of view because I think it is important that ringer have this discussion and get a sensible balance between allowing flexibility for innovation that isn't dominated by value judgements of a small group but does also respect the traditions. Sometimes that involves tearing up the rule book and starting again and asking people how far they are prepared to go before they say enough is enough. The discussion is important.