[r-t] [r-c] Definition of a peal (was Not A Block)

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Mon Jun 9 21:03:36 UTC 2014

Peter King also wrote,

> It was a few days ago when the purity of 7! was being discussed!

Well, maybe that was the wrong side of the argument to take. Maybe I
ought to have argued that taking the scalpel of simplification to the
Triples peal length was wrong because amputating all those crusty old
exceptions and special cases loses us some of our culture, our identity.

Maybe ringing shouldn't be reduced to the tiniest set of razor-sharp
mathematical axioms we can find. Maybe it is better off with a bit of
ancient lore, a bit of depth.