[r-t] Going where angels fear to tread...

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 00:23:16 UTC 2014

On 10 Jun 2014, at 13:03, Giles Blundell <grblundell at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would also like to add
> something that might read like a restriction but which is intended to be
> permissive - namely that the report to the Peal Records Committee should
> include enough information - either using the terms in the Definitions  or
> otherwise - to enable a third party to reconstruct the rows of the peal and
> satisfy themselves that it met the Definition of a peal. That is, we would
> not restrict the reporting of a Peal to terms given in the current
> Decisions: if you must resort to submitting a spreadsheet of the rows rung
> to demonstrate what was rung then that is what you can do.

I think this is a very sensible path to take. Especially the final resort of submitting the rows rung verbatim.

In fact, regardless of any other potential changes to the decisions, I think all peals should be required to be submitted with a composition of some description. It is surely information of interest and BellBoard has all the infrastructure to store and report this information (and many do already).

MF