[r-t] Minor Blocks

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:20:47 UTC 2014

I have a feeling that rule might have said exactly the same thing prior to
the removal of the requirement to have more working bells than hunt bells.
I take the point about the use of plurals but I still think its a bit
ambiguous now - it's great that something has been rung to test it out :-)

Assuming it is the case that a method must be divisible into 2 or more
equal parts here is an observation.
So Cromwell Tower Block, Lauderdale Tower Block and Shakespeare Tower Block
are all 6ths place versions of conventional treble dodging A-group methods.
>From this it would be reasonable to conclude that the 6ths place version of
any treble dodging A-group method must be a block rather than a method
right?! But the 6ths place version of Morning Start Treble Bob Minor is
definitely a method
since the place notation of the first half lead (-34-1-2-1-34-1) is
symmetrical about the 2 and so the 6ths place version is actually divisible
into 2 equal parts! What a wonderful set of rules :-)

Alan