[r-t] Minor Blocks

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Jun 23 16:44:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Alan Reading
<alan.reading at googlemail.com> quoted Andrew Graham:
> > I've no idea what the intention of the rule is, but it clearly says parts
> > and leads i.e. plural so our view would be that these wouldn't count as
> > methods

By that reasoning would not Decision (D)B.2 say that if we include an
MEB in a peal we must include at least two MEBs, and similary we can't
ring three 1,440s and one 720 as a peal of minor? And (E)A.4. that we
cannot have a method with but a single hunt bell? And assorted other
oddities scattered through the Decisions?

I would be surprised if the Methods Committee viewed a single lead
entity as a method, but the Decisions do seem at best ambiguous on
that point.

"The universe winds down. That's how it's made."
                -- John M Ford, "Against Entropy"