[r-t] Minor Blocks

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Jun 24 16:43:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Alan Reading
<alan.reading at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately that is certainly the case regardless of the situation for
> single lead entities. It's quite possible to have a method that is false in
> the plain course with one lead end but not with another.

Doesn't even need to be false in the plain course.

Consider the following surprise major method, perfectly acceptable
under the current decisions:

3.5x4.5x2.3x4x25x6x1  le 2nds [d]

It has Plain Bob lead ends and lead heads, and its plain course is
true.

The 8th place version of it also has Plain Bob lead ends and lead
heads (group j), with a perfectly normal, seven lead plain
course that is true. But according to the Decisions it is not a
method, it is a non-method block.

"We used to get much better history in the old days."
                   -- Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_