[r-t] archives & zipping

John Camp camp at bellringers.org
Tue May 20 15:08:10 UTC 2014

At 15:33 on 20 May 2014, Graham John wrote:

> JEC wrote:

>> I do not find a "flat view" option in 7-zip (as such).

> 7Zip has two modes of operation: File Manager and Command Line. The "flat
> view"  option is on the View menu of 7Zip File Manager (7zFM.exe). This is
> the equivalent of the 7Zip command line (7zG.exe) that the Windows Shell
> 7Zip menu option John is using points to. If you change the file association
> for all compressed file formats to use 7zFM.exe, they simply open in 7Zip
> File Manager when you double click them.

Indeed.  But you still have to go through the various
(pseudo-)folders.  I repeat my previous suggestion:

"...  download the .gz file, right-click on it and select 7-Zip /
Extract files ....  You will be presented with options, one of which
is "path mode".  Select "no pathnames".  OK this.  The .txt file will
then be available without more ado."

Quick View Plus is another option.  I find it invaluable.

JEC