[r-t] Monster extent of triples

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 09:57:07 UTC 2014

This is an interesting theoretical exercise and it is good that we will
never run out of more challenging things to ring, but somehow I can't see
the appeal of ringing things that are that chaotic. However, if a random
sequence was generated that when repeated 6 times produced the extent i.e. a
plain course of a Triples principle, or the plain course of a 12-lead(4x3)
or 10-lead(5x2) differential, or even a 6-lead hunter, then I think that
would be much more elegant. There are plenty of rung examples of Doubles
methods that are extents (28 hunters, 37 differentials & 107 principles),
but none of Triples.

Graham