[r-t] Time to vote?

Matthew Frye matthew at frye.org.uk
Wed Oct 22 12:37:35 UTC 2014

On 22 Oct 2014, at 02:16, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Of course it is still a peal of Glasgow.  How could relaxing the restrictions for naming of methods possibly change that?  However, if someone wants to make themselves appear foolish by naming the method "Glasgow-started-at-the-snap", I see no reason why they should be prohibited from doing so.

One thing that still makes me uneasy is what the difference is between starting Glasgow Surprise Major at the snap, and Glasgow-started-at-the-snap Surprise Major. I dislike having two separate mechanisms to deal with a single real situation and feel that a "nice set of rules" would allow either but not both of starting a method at a different point and still calling it the same thing or naming a rotation as a different method.

Maybe a "nice set of rules" isn't possible, but I really hope it is and I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on that yet.

MF